A controlled environment to ensure the safety of growing minds and bodies whilst encouraging independence. Available for 14 – 16 year olds.
What’s included in the Youth membership?
|Gym access during staffed hours||
* Access not permitted during normal school hours
|Group Fitness classes||
|Regular workout reviews with the Trainers||
|Access band with Preva capabilities to monitor progress|
|Discounted personal training|
|Free locker use|
How much does it cost?
Direct Debit per fortnight $26.70
3 months $239
Joining Fee $45
Cancellation Fee Not applicable
Casual gym use Not available
Casual group fitness classes & Teenfit $9.00 (only those classes listed above)
What other conditions apply to the Youth Membership?
- Proof of age is required eg. birth certificate, student card
- Parent/Guardian must attend the sign-up appointment and also the induction
- A pre-exercise questionnaire is compulsory and must be completed at the time of sign up
- Initial appraisal and technique session is compulsory. Gym access band cannot be issued until these have been completed.
- Our Trainers will be contacting Youth Members every 8 weeks to arrange a “catch up” appointment where their workout program may be reviewed.
- Youth members will be required to wear their access band at all times when in the gym.
- Youth members must vacate the gym by the times specified above
- Certain gym equipment is not “youth friendly” and will be off limits in the gym eg. Bench press, Squat rack, Olympic bars, Dumbells heavier than 10kg, Weight plates heavier than 10kg, decline bench
What is the joining fee for? The joining fee includes your access device and covers the staffing costs associated with your induction, initial appraisal and technique session. At this age we understand preferences and commitments changes which is why we don’t charge a membership cancellation fee.
Can I access the classes and teenfit before I have my initial appointment with a Trainer? Definitely, we want to get you training as soon as possible. You will need to check it at reception as normal and if your class is in the gym (eg. RPM or teenfit) a staff member will let you in until such time as you get your access band.
Why does a parent/guardian need to attend the sign-up appointment and induction?: We need a parent/guardian to co-sign the membership agreement and pre-exercise questionnaire. Plus, we believe this should be a collaborative approach to your health and wellbeing. We want your parents/guardians to know how we operate, what we expect of you as a member and what you can expect from us. And it’s a good opportunity for them to ask us any questions or raise any concerns.
What do you mean by Youth Members will be monitored? The Trainer who takes you through your initial appraisal will contact you and/or your parent/guardian every 8 weeks to arrange a catch up appointment. This appointment is to see how you are progressing and assess if you need a program review. The outcomes of these appointments can be provided to the parent/guardian by request.
Why can’t Youth members use all of the equipment in the gym? This is purely for safety reasons. Young, growing bodies should not be lifting heavy weights as this can cause injury and damage to bone growth plates. This is why we restrict your access to when our gym is staffed by qualified trainers. The equipment that is not “youth friendly” will be identified with a sticker and we’ll also highlight them during the induction process.
What can’t 14-16 year olds use the gym on a casual basis (with or without a parent)? Again, this is for safety reasons. It is very difficult to monitor casuals and to track their progress. At this age, young gym users need to be closely guided and monitored by Trainers who are educated in child/teen fitness prescription. Despite their best intentions, parents are often unaware of what is safe/unsafe exercises for young bodies.
Are you still doing the Teenfit program for 11 – 15 year olds? Yes, the teenfit gym sessions are still on Monday and Wednesday 3.30 – 4.30pm. Teenfit sessions are included in the Youth Membership. Casual and term fees are also available if you just want to do the teenfit program.
How do I sign-up for a Youth Membership?: We need you to make an appointment with our membership consultant as the initial sign-up process can take up to 45 minutes. Please phone 9724 1400 to arrange an appointment or email us for more information