No matter what your age, having strong muscles and good fitness is essential when you go about your daily routine. Our over 50’s program is here to assist people with enhancing their quality of life through functional training in a fun and social atmosphere. Our qualified trainers will make sure that you progress at an appropriate rate in a safe and encouraging environment. Physical benefits include:
- Improved balance and reduced risk of falls
- Improved mental well being
- Improved self esteem and confidence
- Improved ability to recover from lower back pain
- Improved blood pressure
- Management of diabetes
- Increase bone density
- Manage cholesterol levels
- Improved ability to undertake activities of daily living and maintain an independent lifestyle.
Eaton Recreation Centre is for everyone and we’d love nothing more than to help you make positive changes in your strength and general well being.
When are the sessions?
|Functional Fitness Circuit
|Functional Fitness Circuit
Functional Fitness Circuit
*DanceFit will replace the Functional Fitness Circuit on the 1st Wednesday of every month.
Functional Fitness circuit: Lead by our qualified trainers for guidance and motivation, this circuit includes strength, stability and cardio exercises to keep you mobile and active in your daily living. Functional exercises replicate everyday movements and we incorporate weights, bands, balls and body weight for resistance.
Bodybalance: The Yoga, Tai-chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength leaving you feeling centred and calm. Improves posture, core strength and balance. Options available for all levels.
Pilates: Focuses on spinal alignment (better posture), core & pelvic stabilization (strong abs), stress release and flexibility. The majority of the class is done on the floor so please bring a yoga mat and towel. Suitable for both beginners/advanced as modifications & variations are coached.
Yoga: A gentle, slower-paced stretching-focused class with some basic breathing exercises and meditation at the end. The perfect class to work on your alignment, learn relaxation techniques and become comfortable with Yoga while building strength and flexibility. Yoga styles vary from Vinyasa Flow to Yin. Suitable for beginners and experienced Yogi’s.
DanceFit: A fun and social way to improve your fitness using movement therapy to maintain mobility, develop core strength, improve balance and challenge the mind. No partner or coordination required because we’re grooving as a group on the first Wednesday of each month.
How much does it cost?
- Exercise session* $9.00 per session
- Casual gym workout^ $18 or $13 (concession)
* Exercise sessions as per Fit Over 50 timetable
^ Casual gym workout during staffed hours only
|Direct Debit Ongoing||$26.68 per fortnight*|
|12 months||$668 upfront|
|6 months||$402.40 upfront only|
|3 months||$240.80 upfront only|
|1 month||$90.40 upfront only|
|Joining Fee||$45 once off|
What does my Membership include?
- Unlimited access to all supervised exercise sessions (as per Fit Over 50 timetable)
- Access to the gym during off-peak times: 10am – 4pm everyday
- A health profile and customised workout program every 6-8 weeks
- Free, unlimited membership suspensions
- Free tea/coffee after each Over 50’s session
- Support from our in-house Member Consultant